|*||Oxygen powered, granular algaecide for ponds and water gardens|
|*||Works on contact to control pond algae - even stubborn string algae or surface algae|
|*||Treats, controls, and prevents algae and helps break down unsightly organic buildup|
CrystalClear® AlgaeOff® utilizes the latest in oxygen technology to remove string algae quickly and efficiently. CrystalClear® AlgaeOff® is an EPA registered, granular algaecide that works in seconds, adds oxygen to the pond, removes odor and is the only water treatment product on the market with a money back guarantee.
Oxygen powered algaecide works on contact for immediate algae control. Use this multi purpose granular formula to treat, control, and prevent a broad spectrum of algae - even stubborn string algae. Also helps break down unsightly organic buildup. For water gardens and koi ponds. 2.5 lbs treats up to 30,000 gallons.
Sodium Carbonate Peroxyhydrate* 50.0%
Other Ingredients 50.0%
*Contains 16.2% Hydrogen Dioxide by weight.
Directions for Use:
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
For use in the following containerized sites: Water gardens, koi ponds, waterfalls, fountains, standing water, and water collection.
For use on non-painted: Floors, walkways, storage areas, patios, decks, railings, roofs, asphalt shingles, siding, fiberglass boats, piers, docks, stairs, ramps, ground cover ramps, weed control mats, concrete, brick, tile, slate, granite, statues, outdoor furniture, tennis courts (non-grass), non-marine and non-estuarine shorelines, gravel, and other non-painted surfaces.
For indoor or outdoor residential uses. Avoid contact with aluminum or lime dust.
Use Algae-Off to treat, control, and prevent a broad spectrum of algae in listed site. Effects of treatment are immediately apparent (bubbling, bleaching/discoloration of algae). Waters treated with Algae-Off are permissible to be used without interruption.
Use Algae-Off on all non-painted surfaces to prevent and control algae, moss, slime molds and their spores, and the odors and conditions these organisms cause. Make granular application over wet surface or activate with water immediately following application.
Spreading/Broadcasting: Broadcast Algae-Off with a mechanical spreader or by hand, directly on wet surface, or moisten immediately following application. A lawn spreader or any other applicator that will ensure uniform coverage is acceptable.
Spot Treatment: Apply Algae-Off directly over the infested area in dry form, directly on wet surface or moisten-in immediately following application. Re-treatment is required when heavy growth occurs. For waterfall applications, turn off pumps and allow Algae-Off to set on the waterfall for a period of 20 minutes and then turn pumps back on.
General Treatment Notes
- Control of algae is most easily achieved when algae are not yet well established. Treat when growth first begins to appear.
- Algae-Off is water activated.
- When applying Algae-Off to soil, gravel, or other similar media, incorporate the product into the first inch of the substrate for optimum effectiveness.
- Apply early in the day under calm, sunny conditions and when water temperatures are warm. Sunlight and higher temperatures both enhance Algae-Off's effectiveness.
- Apply in a manner that will ensure even distribution of Algae-Off within the treatment area.
- Skim the dead algae and organic matter that rises to the water's surface after treatment. Allowing dead organics to sink and decay will provide a food source and additional nutrients that stimulate algae re-growth and further blooms.
- If using in conjunction with other water additives (such as non-pesticidal bacteria or enzymes) always apply Algae-Off first.
- Re-treat area if re-growth begins to appear. Allow 48 hours between consecutive treatments.
- Maintain with Maintenance Rates at a frequency appropriate for your environmental conditions.
- After application, do not allow undiluted granules to remain in an area where humans or animals are exposed.
- Non-target plants will suffer contact burns if undiluted granules are accidentally spilled on them. Do not apply in such a way that the concentrated product comes in contact with grass, ornamentals, and other foliage.
- Effects of Algae-Off treatment are immediately apparent (bubbling, bleaching/discoloration of algae).
- Algae-Off treatments are successful when contact is made with the algae.
- Liquid applications will not sink through the water column as readily as a granular application.
- When treating, it is possible that Algae-Off will not penetrate below the infested area and a second application is then required for treating any bottom-growing algae.
- Apply more frequently during the summer months when water consumption and temperatures are high.
Application for Water Treatment:
Light Algae Growth
Heavy Algae Growth - Do not apply the following rates to shorelines or other water sites that are not man-made where freshwater invertebrates may be present.
Due to solubility, use at least 1 gallon of water to fully dissolve each 0.5 pounds of Algae-Off. Dissolution in cold water takes approximately 5 minutes. Spray surface to saturate area.
Ground/Surface Granular Application
For heavy algae growth, apply 2 to 3 pounds of Algae-Off per 1,000 square feet of area. For light algae growth, apply 1 to 2 pounds of Algae-Off per 1,000 square feet of area. Make granular application over a wet surface or activate with water immediately following application.
|Light Algae Growth Application|
|25-50 sq. ft.||1/4 cup|
|51-100 sq. ft.||1/2 cup|
|101-150 sq. ft.||3/4 cup|
|151-200 sq. ft.||1 cup|
|201-250 sq. ft.||1-1/2 cups|
|Heavy Algae Growth Application|
|25-50 sq. ft.||1/2 cup|
|51-100 sq. ft.||1 cup|
|101-150 sq. ft.||1-1/2 cups|
|151-200 sq. ft.||2 cups|
|201-250 sq. ft.||2-1/2 cups|
16 Tablespoons = 1 Cup
2 Cups = 1 Pound