|Nano Cube aquarium kit featuring next-generation Cree LED technology provides more light with less wattage
|Energy-efficient LEDs support photosynthetic aquarium species and bring out their brightest colors
|2 aquarium sizes packed with efficient features and ideal for freshwater, brackish, saltwater, or reef setups
Next-generation Cree LED lighting takes the Nano Cube aquarium to the next level of efficiency, brightness, and hospitality for your aquarium inhabitants! Brilliant, high-intensity LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) increase PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) levels to support the growth of photosynthetic organisms, and integrate daylight illumination and Nite-Vu nocturnal illumination in a cool-running, extremely efficient system. And thanks to the Nano Cube's seamless curved glass aquarium, you'll enjoy stunning panoramic views from every angle!
Each Nano Cube Next Generation LED Aquarium is packed with features that simplify care and maintenance for you, while creating the most hospitable environment for your aquarium inhabitants:
- Aquarium canopy includes JBJ's Advanced LED Lighting System featuring Cree LED Lighting with a protective splash guard and built-in cooling fans.
- Cree LED modules provide 3 times more light output than older Nano Cube models' power compact systems. The lighting system uses an energy-saving electronic ballast for flicker-free instant starts and low heat production.
- 1.3W blue high intensity LEDs and 1.3W white high intensity LEDs have a 50,000-hour life span and stay cool to the touch.
- Dual cooling fans built into the aquarium canopy draw air out of the canopy to help dissipate heat generated by the aquarium while also helping to manage moisture.
- Built-in 3-stage filtration hidden at the aquarium back keeps water sparkling. Coarse sponges trap free-floating debris for mechanical filtration, activated carbon removes dissolved organics and odors for chemical filtration, and ceramic rings and Bio-Balls host ample beneficial bacteria for effective biological filtration.
- Hidden, high-efficiency water pump keeps water moving throughout your aquarium setup.
- Modular surface skimmer installs over the aquarium's intake drain in seconds and instantly removes surface scum, improves water quality, and improves gas exchange.
- Flip-top heavy-duty ABS plastic canopy allows easy maintenance and features a feeding door to allow convenient feeding without having to open the entire aquarium top.
Dimensions: 11.8" x 13.4" x 11.8"
Capacity: 6 gallons
LED Bulbs: 6 total: 3 blue, 3 white
LED Total Output Wattage: 7.8W
Pump: 8 W SP1-400 0.8 LIFT
Power Supply: 110V, 60 Hz
Weight: 21 lbs
Dimensions: 15.8" x 13.8" x 14.8"
Capacity: 12 gallons
LED Bulbs: 8 total: 5 blue, 3 white
LED Total Output Wattage: 10.4W
Pump: 8 W SP1-400 0.8 LIFT
Power Supply: 110V, 60 Hz
Weight: 29 lbs
JBJ introduces the newest innovation for the popular Nano Cube Series. High-intensity Cree LED illumination puts out more than 3 times the power of the older power compact fluorescent bulbs, while still remaining cool to the touch. This means less evaporation, and less chance for a catastrophic salinity change if using the Nano Cube for a brackish or marine setup. These Cree LEDs are more efficient and offer cost savings by using an electronic ballast and having a lifespan of 50,000 hours before diminishing in output (compared to about 3,000 hours with a power compact system).
Time to Change Lamps?
Impressive 50,000-hour lifespan with a 30% reduction in output. You won't need to change lamps for at least 10 years* (*based on 10 hours of daily use).
Going Green Safely
LEDs do not produce any ultra-violet radiation that is harmful for living organisms and do not contain any toxic mercury that is harmful for the environment. These solid-state components are extremely durable and prevent accidental lamp breakage through handling associated with fluorescents. Consuming less energy puts less greenhouse gas emissions into our surroundings.
Since LEDs turn on to full brightness without having to warm up, you can instantly light up your aquarium without the wait. LEDs generate minimal heat and radiate heat upwards - away from aquarium water - to reduce unwanted heat transfer that can harm aquarium inhabitants.
The new feeding lid is light and easy to lift. You'll enjoy quick, easy access for feeding and retrieving water samples without having to lift the entire aquarium hood.
The aquarium's comprehensive 3-stage filtration system keeps water sparkling clean and is discreetly hidden behind a false wall to provide an uncluttered, professional look and feel. Water flows through 3 chambers:
- Chamber 1 contains mechanical sponges to remove free-floating debris and particulate matter from aquarium water.
- Chamber 2 contains Bio-Balls and ceramic ring media for effective biological filtration by beneficial bacteria, as well as activated carbon pellets for chemical filtration/removal of any dissolved impurities, organics, toxins, or odors.
- Chamber 3 contains the submersible pump, which returns filtered water to the main aquarium.
Note: You may remove the Bio-Balls and ceramic ring media if you plan to use your Nano Cube aquarium as a mini-reef aquarium with live rock. The established live rock will serve as an effective biological filtration system.
Easy Surface Skimming
The included Modular Surface Skimmer instantly transforms your intake grill into a true overflow box. This innovative attachment installs in seconds - simply place it in front of the intake grill once you've filled the aquarium and turned on the pump. The Modular Surface Skimmer will create a vacuum and water will start to overflow and remove annoying surface film and proteins that collect on the water surface. Note: Please maintain rear chamber water levels so pump will not run dry. Water evaporation will occur in the rear chambers when you use the Modular Surface Skimmer.