|*||HYDROS Sense Port accessory for your HYDROS Control aquarium controller platform|
|*||Aquarium-industry-first electronic sensor detects leaks along the entire length of the sensing cable|
|*||Connect to your HYDROS Control aquarium controller and download the HYDROS app for wireless control|
Essential CoralVue HYDROS Sense Port accessory for thorough aquarium leak detection you can monitor via the HYDROS app. The HYDROS Rope Leak Sensor Kit is a CoralVue HYDROS Sense Port accessory boasting industry-first update that detects leaks along the entire length of the sensing cable. The HYDROS Leak Sensor Rope connects to any Sense Port on your HYDROS Control aquarium controller via the included HYDROS Sensor Adapter Cable. Once connected, the HYDROS Leak Sensor Rope is powered and controlled by your HYDROS Control aquarium controller. By downloading the FREE HYDROS app, you can control any HYDROS-connected device with your Internet-enabled computer, smartphone, or tablet!
The HYDROS Rope Leak Sensor is the first of its kind in the aquarium industry. The moment water comes into contact with it, that information can be used to alert you on your smartphone, sound an alarm, turn pumps off, and other actions that can protect your aquarium, home, or office from a total disaster. You can configure your HYDROS app to perform whatever action(s) you want to happen when a leak is detected - flash a specific light color on your HYDROS controller, turn off a pump, shut down your protein skimmer, send you a mobile alert so you can come home (or ask a friend to check on the tank). It’s easy to do and you’re in control.
HYDROS is engineered, assembled and supported at CoralVue headquarters in Slidell, Louisiana USA.
HYDROS Control aquarium controllers and other HYDROS accessories sold separately.
Please Note: The HYDROS app is required to use your Internet-connected smart mobile device as a controller. The HYDROS app is downloadable via the Google Play Store and iOS App Store.
HYDROS Rope Leak Sensor Kit Includes
- 9 ft Long Rope Leak Detector
- 6 ft Long Sensor Adapter Cable
- 10 Mounting Clips
HYDROS Rope Leak Sensor Kit Directions
- Plug your HYDROS Leak Sensor Rope into a Sense Port on your HYDROS Control aquarium controller.
- Place your HYDROS Leak Sensor Rope flat on the surface where liquid detection is desired. If tape is required to secure the Rope Sensor in place, be sure to only apply it on the ends as you want to expose as much of the sensor as possible for maximum detection.
- Once your HYDROS Leak Sensor Rope is in place, it is very important to test it to ensure it is working properly.
- To perform a test, open the HYDROS app on your mobile device and configure the Sense Port so your HYDROS Leak Sensor Rope is on.
- Drip a bit of tap water across your HYDROS Leak Sensor Rope so the black and white sensing cables come into contact with the liquid.
- Monitor the sensor's status in the HYDROS app to determine if it is detecting the "leak.". If everything looks good, you're done! Dry the cable and you're ready to configure alerts and equipment to take action if a leak occurs!
10 Ways You Can Use a HYDROS Rope Leak Sensor Kit
- Place it alongside your aquarium
- Line it outside of your sump
- Wrap it around a reactor
- Lay it on the floor in an open area
- Fit it into a hard-to-reach corner
- Wrap around plumbing pipes
- Mount it to a controller board
- Use it in your mixing station
- Affix it to water supply and return lines
- Use in your garage, bathroom, basement, laundry room, kitchen, or anywhere timely leak detection is essential
Why Use a Rope-Style Leak Detection Sensor? A problem with traditional solid surface leak sensors is that you have to buy several to really feel a sense of security. What are the odds water will pool in the exact spot where a single sensor sits? With a rope-style water sensor, you can simply wrap it around your aquarium, sump, stand, or wherever else you like. This type of sensor makes a lot more sense when you want leak detection security in a wider area. Plus, HYDROS leak detection rope sensors can be daisy-chained together to cover a larger perimeter for extra protection. Got a big tank? You can lengthen the line of defense around your large aquarium simply by connecting multiple rope sensors together. HYDROS Rope Leak Sensors do not need an additional power source, even if you connect multiple lengths together. Rope leak detectors do not occupy outlets on power strips or require a HYDROS Drive port connection to operate.
General Information Hydros aquarium controllers are the next generation of automated aquarium devices. Rather than relying on each individual device’s brain and programming capacity, the Hydros Control units have their own CPU and control capabilities. Hydros Control devices remove the problem of incompatible ports and need to continually add modules to expand your aquarium’s automation system. This new technology is called the Hydros Sense Port. The Sense Port is an entirely new concept in aquarium monitoring technology. A Sense Port is a generic input port that can accept data from numerous different types of sensors. Drive Ports provide 12-volt power for controlling ATO pumps, cooling fans, and other devices. Hydros is the future of automation!