Additional sizes may be available!Additional sizes may be available! Email me when available
|*||Advanced 1,500+ gph propeller pump for creating massive aquarium water movement|
|*||QuietDrive technology boasts quiet operation while providing a wider range of water movement modes|
|*||Mobius compatible propeller pump allows wireless control from your computer or mobile device with free Mobius app for iOS and Android devices.|
Professional grade 1,500+ gph aquarium circulation pump boasts QuietDrive technology for an overall performance boost! The EcoTech Marine VorTech QuietDrive Propeller Pump MP40WQD features enhanced noise reduction and efficient performance for superior aquarium water movement. Sleek driver design, easy-to-use controls, wave speed control dial and illuminated LED interface make custom precision flow settings effortless.
The EcoTech Marine VorTech QuietDrive Propeller Pump MP10WQD features 6+ continuous operational modes, including new Gyre Mode for impressive water movement. Signature bracket-free design with magnetic coupling places the motor outside the aquarium. The result is the smallest in-tank footprint that delivers powerful yet gentle three-dimensional flow patterns in multiple controllable modes for the ultimate reef experience.
"w" denominated VorTech QuietDrive Propeller Pump MP10WQD comes with Mobius firmware installed, allowing up to 8 wirelessly-enabled ("w") pumps of any type to work together in sync, anti-sync, or in coordinated modes. All "w" denominated VorTech pumps are compatible Mobius.
VorTech and Vectra Pumps now come with Mobius firmware onboard. The free iOS and Android app offer a significantly improved user experience through direct control and programming of Mobius enabled devices. Mobius will improve equipment performance and end the need for an internet Wi-Fi-to-RF bridge (the Reeflink). This is the next development milestone in the Mobius control platform.
Enjoy wireless control of your VorTech EcoSmart QuietDrive MP10WQD from your mobile device with free Mobius iOS and Android app.
Upgrade your VorTech EcoSmart
VorTech EcoSmart owners, upgrade your VorTech pump with the benefits of the QuietDrive technology! EcoTech Marine VorTech QuietDrive Upgrade sold separately (LA# 93046).
VorTech MP10w QD Propeller PumpFlow: 1,500+ gph
Wattage: 8-18 watts
Maximum Aquarium Wall Thickness: 3/8"
Tank Size Range: 2-1/2 to 50+ gallons
Dimensions: Wet Side-2-1/2" diameter by 1-1/2" long; Dry Side-2-1/2" diameter by 2" long
Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 2-1/4"
VorTech QuietDrive Modes
- Lagoon Mode: Lagoonal Random Mode simulates a low-energy lagoon environment. The speed of the pump is changed slowly to recreate the gentle currents of a lagoon.
- Reef Crest Mode: Reef Crest Random Mode simulates a high-energy reef environment. The pump will change speed frequently and drastically to simulate crashing waves and surging tide. This is a favorite of SPS coral.
- Gyre Mode: Gyre Mode creates a flow pattern consisting of uniform clockwise and counterclockwise flow levels pulsing at a selected interval between two seconds and two hours.
- Short Pulse Mode: Short Pulse Mode creates a flow pattern consisting of uniform high and low flow levels pulsing at a selected interval between 0.2 seconds and two seconds.
- Tidal Swell Mode: Tidal Swell Mode (TSM) creates a harmonic balance reminiscent of the changing flow conditions found in nature. Over the course of several hours, the flow pattern will go from very chaotic to calm, followed by a detritus-clearing surge at the very end of the cycle. The flow direction will change direction every cycle.
- Nutrient Transport Mode: Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) creates circulation in a two-phase program. The first phase uses wave motion to stir up detritus. The second phase follows with a surging motion to move the detritus into the overflow and out of the aquarium. This mode promotes maximum health, nutrient export and increased growth for sensitive corals such as SPS.
- Feed Mode: At the touch of a button all VorTech wirelessly enabled pumps will temporarily pause their current mode and idle allowing food to be added to the tank without being cycled into the overflow and filtration.
- Night Mode: Pumps can be enabled to run a gentler nighttime program simulating calmer ocean conditions for nighttime hours.
- Wave Auto-Tune: Create a standing wave in your aquarium and demonstrate the true power of the fully operational VorTech QuietDrive control system.
- Multi-Pump Communication*1: All "w" denominated VorTech pumps come with an RF module installed. The RF module will allow up to 8 "w" pumps of any type to work together in sync, anti-sync or coordinated modes.
- Enjoy significantly improved user experience*2: Via direct control and programming of Mobius enabled devices with free Mobius iOS and Android app.
- Battery Backup Mode *3: Blizzard. Hurricane. A motorist hits a utility pole. Stuff happens The power goes out... VorTech pumps are compatible with the EcoTech Battery Backup accessory
- *Requires multiple "W" VorTech pumps.
- *Requires free Mobius app and internet connection.
- *Requires Battery Backup.
VorTech QuietDrive with Mobius Ready FAQsQ: How will I know if an unopened Vectra or VorTech has ESL or Mobius firmware installed?
A: The VorTech and Vectra products with Mobius firmware preinstalled will have a Mobius sticker on them, indicating their compatibility.
Q: What if I purchase an older VorTech with ESL firmware and want to use it on Mobius?
A: You will need to use the legacy product update feature in Mobius when it is available to update the firmware. This process takes about 10 minutes.
Q: What about VorTech and Vectra pumps that are currently in use on EcoSmart Live accounts?
A: They will be upgraded to Mobius in the future. Depending on the date of manufacture, they may need a firmware update available through the app. Older units may also require an RF module change. To determine whether an existing Vectra or VorTech is compatible, review the product information under the Devices tab in EcoSmart Live.