|*||Peninsula shape provides a fascinating view of your reef|
|*||Rimless, ultra-clear aquarium is perfect for setting up a spectacular tank|
|*||The REEFER™ series is designed for ease of operation and is fully customizable|
If you’re looking to add the distinctive beauty of a Peninsula-style coral reef aquarium to your home or office, you don’t need a custom-built system to do so. Red Sea’s new REEFER™ Peninsula brings color and ambiance to any living or office space at a fraction of the cost of a custom installation.
This 63" long/650 liter (173 gal) REEFER™ Peninsula offers an impressive and elegant room divider solution with all of the features of our advanced REEFER™ systems. A rimless, ultra-clear glass coral reef aquarium is formed into a perfect peninsula that gives you a fascinating view from all three sides, adding complexity and intrigue to any reefscape. Peninsula-style aquariums are very similar to standard aquariums, but instead of having a single large viewing panel the tank is turned 90 degrees giving you two large viewing panels, while the overflow is placed along the short back wall.
The aquarium is set on stylish yet heavy duty cabinets with epoxy painted finish on both sides. The cabinet includes a dedicated ventilated compartment for chiller and control systems and the doors may be assembled on either side of the cabinet to suit the layout of the room. The unique design of the Peninsula with the overflow system at one end of the aquarium instead of at the center also makes it ideal for a room corner installation.
Features of the Red Sea REEFER™ Peninsula include:
- Rimless, ultra-clear, beveled edge glass aquarium
- Elegant Marine-Spec plywood cabinet with levelling feet
- Refugium-ready sump with adjustable height skimmer chamber and 4 micron filter bags
- Silent, regulated down-flow system with emergency overflow
- Integrated automatic top-up system with reservoir
- Assembly-ready piping – no gluing required
REEFER™ Peninsula Water Management System:
- Removable surface-skimming combs surround the top of the centrally located overflow box that houses the downpipe, sump return pipe and the discreet multi-directional “eyeball” return outlet nozzle.
- In the event of a blockage in the regulated downpipe, an additional emergency overflow pipe provides an unrestricted free flow of aquarium water directly to the sump.
- On entering the sump the water passes through a bank of 4 micron mechanical filter bags that slide out for ease of operation. The main compartment of the Peninsula sump includes an adjustable gate at the outlet that enables the water height in the chamber to be set at the optimal level for your skimmer, anywhere between 21 to 27cm.
- A unique feature of this sump is that it is “refugium ready”. It comes with an optional dividing wall for the main compartment that can be installed in one of 2 positions. You can decide how much of the sump you want for your skimmer and other reactors and how much as a dedicated refugium chamber.
- In order to remove any air bubbles that may have escaped from the skimmer, the water passes through a bubble-stripping cascade on its way to the return pump chamber.
- To ensure a constant water level in the pump compartment, all REEFER™ sumps include an integrated automatic freshwater top-up unit, guaranteeing a constant, stable water flow throughout the complete system.
- Supplied as a complete self-assembly kit, all pipe work is ready without the need for any gluing.
- Aquarium dimensions: 63" long, 25.2" wide, 23.6" high
- Total system height with cabinet: 63"
- Ultra clear front and side glass thickness: 3/4"
- Built in surface skimmer
- Integrated automatic top up system
- Display tank water volume: 140 gallons
- In-cabinet sump water volume: 35 gallons
- Total system water volume: 175 gallons
- RO reservoir volume: 7.5 gal
- Sump Dimensions, water height: 8.3"-10.6"
- Sump Dimensions, skimmer chamber: 23.2" by 20"
- Sump Dimensions, pump chamber: 13" by 11"
- Recommended return pump (not included): 1850 gph