|*||Super-capacity canister filter for aquariums up to 400 gallons|
|*||Enhanced filter performance for superior aquarium water quality|
|*||Includes all essential filtering media to streamline aquarium filtration|
Upgrade of popular high performance canister filter boasts enhanced performance and setup ease. Fluval FX6 High Performance Canister Filter makes aquarium fishkeeping easier and more convenient. Astounding 1.5-gallon media capacity filter is powered by an energy-efficient pump with a 925-gph pump output that draws just 43 watts! The result is cleaner and healthier aquarium water while reducing operating costs. Fluval FX6 Canister Filter comes with all the essential filtering media to provide complete 3-stage filtration. No need to purchase additional media for initial startup!
Fluval FX6 High Performance Canister Filter is powered by a more efficient motor, which provides better performance while consuming 10% less electricity than its predecessor, the Fluval FX5. Smart Pump Technology (SPT) ensures optimal filter performance with an electronic circuit board that continually monitors pump performance to deliver powerful output and energy efficiency. SPT also manages the filter's self-starting feature and evacuates air that may enter or build up within the filtration system. On a 12-hour cycle, the pump will pause and allow trapped air to escape, ensuring the best filtration efficiency at all times.
Multistage filter features removable media baskets precision engineered to eliminate water by-pass for efficient filtration. Each media basket is lined with a mechanical foam insert for effective mechanical pre-filtering. Instant-release T-handles let you lift and separate the baskets quickly and easily, making routine maintenance simpler. For freshwater or marine aquariums up to 400 gallons.
Includes: Fluval FX6 filter, 13.1 ft (4 m) of 1" diameter tubing, purge valve hosing, 3 removable media baskets with mechanical foam inserts (1.5 Gallon or 5.9 Liter total media capacity), Bio-Foam media, BioMax media, Carbon pad, 2 media bags, intake & output assembly, rim connecters, metal clamps, and user manual.
|17" dia x 21" high||925 gph||325.5 in2||563 gph||10.8 ft||43W|
- Multi-Stage Filtration produces healthy aquarium water
- For fresh and saltwater aquariums
- Features Smart Pump Technology for optimal filter performance, efficiency and management
- Advanced motor technology provides better performance and reliability while consuming 10% less electricity
- Click-Fit AquaStop Valves allow fast setup and leak-proof maintenance
- Valves are positioned at 45 degree angles and rotate for easy installation
- Self-starting filter - Just add water and plug in-Smart Pump Technology will do the rest
- Monthly maintenance indicator allows you to remember the date of your last filter maintenance/water change
- Heavy-duty Anti-Clog Telescopic Strainer ensures continuous flow
- Multi-Directional Output Nozzles can be adjusted to create specific water flows
- Purge Valve with Drain Hose for easy maintenance and flushing of the canister
- Water change feature eliminates need to carry buckets of water - Simply attach appropriate hose to the output - Smart Pump Technology will do the rest (Kit sold separately)
- Filter flow rate: 563 US gallons per hour
- For aquariums up to 400 US gallons
- For best results, fill aquarium to maximum level before beginning setup.
- The filter lid must be at least 7.8 inches below your aquarium's water level but never more that 4.9 ft. Never install the filter above the water level.
- Important: The hosing supplied with the unit is 13.1 ft long. If longer hosing is required, intake hosing must not exceed 6.5 ft and the total length of intake and outlet hosing combined must not exceed 16.4 ft.
- Hosing must follow a straight path from the filter to the aquarium rim with no slack and no loops.
- The water level should never be more than 7.8 inches below your aquarium rim.
- For best performance, the filter should be completely beneath the aquarium.
- Position Purge Valve so that you will be able to attach the supplied hosing without moving the unit.
Fluval Advanced Filtration
The stack of large capacity media baskets in the Fluval FX6 Filter enables you to employ all three types of filtration (mechanical, biological & chemical), in whatever configuration or sequence you determine is best to meet the needs of your aquarium environment. Filtration always begins with a mechanical stage of waste particle removal as water is drawn through the foam that lines the perimeter of each basket. Subsequently, the flow proceeds through the central area of the three baskets from top to bottom, where it is filtered by additional mechanical, biological and chemical stages: the water is pumped through the media in the three baskets. Because you can use the media of your choosing at each level, you will be able to design a system that provides additional mechanical, biological and chemical filtration if you wish.
To achieve maximum effectiveness, Fluval FX6 offers three types of mechanical filtration; the external white foam traps the larger particles, the black foam traps smaller particles and the carbon foam provides an additional barrier to protect the pump. Chemical filtering media modifies the chemical characteristics of the water by absorbing toxic compounds (e.g. medicines, odors, and organic contaminants). Therefore, it is necessary to prevent the chemical filter media from clogging by macro and micro-particulate. Placing chemical filter media at the last stage of filtration will allow it to work best.
Top Media Basket
Media that continues the mechanical capture of small particles should be placed in the Top Media Basket to purify and/or remove particles before they can clog delicate pores of biological or chemical filter media. The Bio-Foam is ideal to remove small dirt particles that are not retained by the Mechanical Foam. In addition, this foam provides a large surface to accommodate bacteria colonies, providing a good environment for proliferation of beneficial bacteria and increasing the biological action of Fluval BIOMAX.
Middle Media Basket
The Middle Media Basket is a good place to establish the biological detoxification process. A lot of media types provide mechanical filtration and biological treatment, creating an excellent environment for beneficial bacteria to proliferate. With the primary mechanical purification of the water stream occurring in the Mechanical Foam and the Bio-Foam, it is typical to load biological media such as BIOMAX into the Middle Media Basket.
Bottom Media Basket
This basket receives the clearest water, making it the ideal place for dedicated chemical media. Placed here, the supplied Carbon Foam or the additional granules, for example, efficiently remove discoloration, medications and solubilized wastes that a mechanical screen cannot. The bags included in the package are ideal for storing any type of granular chemical filtering media.