Additional sizes may be available!Additional sizes may be available! Email me when available
· We cannot ship this product to Alaska.
|*||Powerful recirculating protein skimmer with controllable pinwheel pump for aquariums up to 700 gallons|
|*||Advanced external protein skimmer boasts refined control for enhanced protein skimming performance|
|*||Compatible with aquarium controllers such as Neptune Apex or Reef Angel for unprecedented control|
Powerful Apex-Ready recirculating protein skimmer boasts five levels of pump speed control for unprecedented skimmer performance. Reef Octopus Regal 300EXT Recirculating Protein Skimmer features an advanced controllable DC VarioS pinwheel pump that allows for refined control, enhanced performance and efficiency. 0-10v input on the VarioS Pump Controller allows seamless integration to such aquarium controllers as Neptune Apex or Reef Angel.
The Reef Octopus Regal 300EXT Recirculating Protein Skimmer features a high-quality cast acrylic construction and disassembles completely for convenient cleaning. Hybrid conical body naturally stabilizes and concentrates organic-rich foam for effective removal of organic aquarium pollutants. The Reef Octopus Regal 300EXT Recirculating Protein Skimmer features a 20" x 17.5" footprint and is rated for saltwater and marine reef aquariums up to 700 gallons. For external use.
Please Note: The Reef Octopus Regal 300EXT Recirculating Protein Skimmer requires a Feed Pump with a recommended feed rate of 1.5 to 2 times the system volume. A 1,200-1,600 gph pump such as the VarioS 6S Controllable Skimmer Pump (LA Item #112459) is suggested.
|500 Gallons||600 Gallons||700 Gallons|
Footprint: 20" x 17.5"
Neck Size: 7"
Total Height: 25.6"
Output Size: 1.5" (50mm)
Output Height: 9.56"
Power Consumption: 35-70 Watts
Voltage: DC 36V
Air Draw: 1,200-2,400 Liters Per Hour)
Max Water Draw: 740 Gallons Per Hour
* Small Footprint - Saves Sump Space
* Safe and Efficient 36V Power
* Solid Cast Acrylic Construction
* High Performance VarioS Skimmer Pump
* 5 Controllable Energy Saving Power Settings
* Detachable Controller with Waterproof Union
* Safety Float Switch
* 0-10v Input for 3rd Party Controller
* Integrated Memory
* Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals
* Skimmer Drains for Easy Cleaning
Refined ControlIn addition to allowing the pump to run at five different speeds, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
- A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off the skimmer pump when your waste collector is full or shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don’t need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different Pause/Feed Modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals. This feature comes in handy when you are feeding the aquarium or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- The best feature of the VarioS Controller is a 0-10v input which will allow a third party controller such as Neptune System APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS Controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
The VarioS Pump features a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
The pump and controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change pump output orientation in 90 degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) as well as horizontally.