|*|| Apex-Ready 36V, 1,720 gph direct current aquarium circulation pump with detachable controller
|*|| Variable speed pump boasts refined control, enhanced performance, and safe energy-efficient operation
|*|| Compatible with aquarium controllers such as Neptune Apex or Reef Angel for unprecedented control|
1,720 gph, 36V direct current aquarium circulation pump features the latest variable speed flow technology for refined control, enhanced performance, energy-efficiency and safer operation. The Reef Octopus VarioS 6 Controllable Circulation Pump boasts five levels of pump speed control so aquarists can enjoy full control of the water flowing through their sump, reactors, filters, or any closed loop system. 0-10v input on the included detachable VarioS Pump Controller allows seamless integration to such aquarium controllers as Neptune Apex or Reef Angel. Great for submersed or external pump applications.
- Safe and Efficient 36 Volt Operation
- 5 Controllable Energy Saving Power Settings
- Detachable Controller with Waterproof Union
- High quality ceramic shaft with propeller bearing to reduce wear and tear
- Safety Float Switch
- 0-10V Input for 3rd Party Controller
- Integrated Memory
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals
- Super Quiet Operation
- True Slow Startup
- Submersible or External Applications
- Comes with intake screen and plumbing attachments
Includes: VarioS pump, controller, float switch, power supply, output and input union for plumbing direct PVC, versatile stepped barb output fitting for flex tubing and protective intake screen.
Please Note: The Reef Octopus VarioS 6 Controllable Circulation Pump is NOT a pressure rated pump. The Reef Octopus VarioS 6 Controllable Circulation Pump is not ideal for second floor applications or to feed Beckett or downdraft skimmers where consistent pressure is necessary.
In addition to allowing the pump to run at 5 different speeds, which is normal for a DC pump, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
- A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don't need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals. These come handy when you are feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- A 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller such as Neptune System APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
The VarioS pump has a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
The pump and controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change the pump's output orientation in 90 degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) as well as horizontally.
VarioS 6 Pump Specifications
1-1/4" Barb/PVC Slip Coupling
1-1/4" Male Union Thread
3.8" (W) x 5.7" (L) x 5.5" (H)
70 watts at max power
Max Head Height:
*Results will vary depending on aquarium setup