|*||A complete and simple solution for replacing water lost to evaporation|
|*||Features three layers of redundant monitoring and water-level control|
|*||Standalone device -- APEX not necessary for use |
The Neptune ATK (Automatic Top-off Kit) is a simple, standalone, and complete solution for replacing water lost to evaporation.
The new aquarium hobbyist has many challenges, but none is more annoying than the chore of adding water, every day, to make up for that lost to evaporation (a.k.a. topping off/up). This alone usually makes the automatic top-off (ATO) device the first piece of automation equipment purchased.
The ironic flip side of this decision is that a faulty ATO device is one of the leading reasons for catastrophic aquarium failure, or even worse, flooding of the house or business.
Neptune designed the ATK – Automatic Top-Off Kit to not only be simple to install and use, but to be unique in the market as an ATO device with three layers of redundant monitoring and water-level control. The ATK does the work for you, while at the same time protecting your tank and your home.
- Plug and play ready. No mounts to assemble. No bare wires to attach.
- 3 Levels of Safety Protection!
- Two optical water-level sensors (one for water level and one for emergency back up)
- Maintain consistent salinity levels
- IQ-Fill water run-time intelligence – learns how much water you use at each top-off
- Mechanical float valve prevents water overrun if electronics should ever fail
- Does NOT rely on ANY fault-prone mechanical float switches, temperature sensors, or capacitive sensors!
- Works Standalone (NO APEX NECESSARY!)
- Advanced features are unlocked when connected to an Apex (i.e. remote failure notification via text, email, or iOS alert)
- Includes PMUP, a powerful 24VDC pump that can push water vertically up to 14’
- Audible failure alarm
- Additional features with optional accessories
THREE LEVELS OF SAFETY PREVENT OVER-RUNS:
1. Backup Optical Sensor: Should the main water level sensor fail, this second optical sensor is the backup. If water continues past the primary sensor, and then covers this one, the pump will be shut off and an alarm will sound
2. IQ-Fill – Water run-time intelligence. If both the primary water sensor AND the backup optical sensor fail, the algorithm used in the ATK will not add more than double the learned water amount. It will shut itself off and sound an alarm.
3. Physical float valve – the final backstop. If for some reason all the electronic failsafes do not work, and water is continuing to be sent to the aquarium, the mechanical float valve is the safety device that will stop the water and prevent death to your aquarium and water on your floor.
THE ATK INCLUDES:
- FMM – Fluid Monitoring Module (runs standalone)
- Pre-assembled water level mechanism with:
- Magnetic acrylic mount (works up to 1/4" glass/acrylic)
- Two (2) optical water level sensors
- Float valve
- 90 degree tubing fitting
- PMUP ATO Pump
- 24V 36W power supply
- 4m of orange RO tubing
- 3/8" -> 1/4" push-fit adapter fitting
- 1/4" -> 1/4" push-fit siphon break
- Set-screw for non-float-valve applications