|*|| Apex-Ready 24V, 238 gph direct current aquarium skimmer pump with detachable controller
|*|| Variable speed pump boasts refined control, enhanced performance, and safe energy-efficient operation
|*|| Compatible with aquarium controllers such as Neptune Apex or Reef Angel for unprecedented control|
238 gph, 24V direct current aquarium skimmer pump features the latest variable speed flow technology for refined control, enhanced performance, energy-efficiency and safer operation. The Reef Octopus VarioS 2S Controllable Skimmer Pump boasts five levels of pump speed control so aquarists can electronically control air and water flow rates into their protein skimmer to process more or less water with just a push of a button. 0-10v input on the included detachable VarioS Pump Controller allows seamless integration to such aquarium controllers as Neptune Apex or Reef Angel.
- Safe and Efficient 24 Volt Operation
- 5 Controllable Energy Saving Power Settings
- Detachable Controller with Waterproof Union
- High Volume Air Intake
- Safety Float Switch
- 0-10V Input for 3rd Party Controller
- Integrated Memory
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals
- Super Quiet Operation
- True Slow Startup
- Submersible or External Applications
Includes: VarioS 2S pump, VarioS controller, power supply, venturi, airline tubing, and 1" output union.
VarioS 2S Controllable Skimmer Pump Specifications
Output Thread Size: 1" Male
Inlet Thread Size: 1-1/4" Male
Dimensions: 4.75" (W) x 5.7" (L) x 4" (H)
Output Union Size: 32mm
Voltage: DC 24V
Power Consumption: 25 watts at max power
Max Flow: 238 gph*
Max Air Draw: 900L/H (31 SCFH)*
*Results will vary depending on aquarium setup
Ideal Replacement Pump for:
- Reef Octopus Classic 110INT
- Reef Octopus Classic 150INT / NWB 150
- Reef Octopus Diablo DCS 150INT
- Reef Octopus SRO 1000INT
- Reef Octopus SRO 2000INT
- Reef Octopus REGAL 150INT
- Reef Octopus REGAL 150SSS
- Reef Octopus POV-DC1
In addition to allowing the pump to run at 5 different speeds, which is normal for a DC pump, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
- A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don't need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals. These come handy when you are feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- A 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller such as Neptune System APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
The VarioS pump has a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
The pump and controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change the pump's output orientation in 90 degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) as well as horizontally.