||Automatic siphoning for hassle-free aquarium water changes - No spills! No pails!
||Simply attach to your faucet to use water pressure to clean and fill aquariums
||Removes water and power washes gravel with minimum disturbance to your fish
||Maintain a clean and healthy aquarium environment free of visible and invisible aquarium pollutants
|Why do you need a...
No Spill Clean 'N Fill?
Cut aquarium maintenance time in half by eliminating heavy, cumbersome buckets. The Python No Spill Clean 'N Fill easily adapts to most faucets, using water pressure to simultaneously siphon water from your aquarium and clean aquarium gravel. With a flip of the Python faucet pump, clean fresh water is directed back to fill the aquarium. Put an end to the backbreaking bucket brigade... and its mess!
Includes tubing, gravel tube, on/off valve, hose connectors, faucet pump, and faucet adapter. Comes in three sizes, ready to use. Measure distance from faucet-to-aquarium to determine which product to order. For fresh or saltwater aquariums.
Replacement parts available:
Faucet Pump, Hose Extensions, Gravel Tubes, and Other Accessories.
|Tips from our Techs
If you use different faucets during water changes, use the brass faucet adapter to keep from stripping the threads on the plastic one. If you use the same faucet often, a brass snap connector makes connecting your python a breeze! Also works very well on outdoor garden hoses.
Please note: For saltwater tanks, fill a container next to your aquarium for salt mix preparation. When prepared, use the Python to clean your aquarium, then use a pump or powerhead to refill it with the fresh saltwater.
To clean your aquarium:
- Remove the aerator and washer from the faucet you will be using. Install the faucet adapter onto the faucet. NOTE: If you have male (outside) threading on your faucet, remove the inner ring of the faucet adapter, as it will not be needed.
- Attach the faucet pump to the adapter or to the faucet directly if you are not using the adapter. Make sure not to turn the faucet pump too tightly when attaching - only slight pressure is needed.
- Connect tubing to the pump by screwing connector to the side opening on the faucet pump.
- Uncoil your No Spill Clean 'N Fill unit and check ALL fittings to make sure they are tight.
- Make sure the switch is in the OPEN position.
- Pull the bottom of the faucet pump gently down to the DRAIN position. Make sure your sink is free from blockage. Your No Spill Clean 'N Fill will run faster than normal faucet pressure.
- Turn on the COLD water. Start with full water pressure. You may adjust the water pressure for power as needed.
- Insert gravel tube straight down to the bottom of the gravel and hold it still, allowing the gravel to lift and churn to remove the liquid and solid waste. If fish or gravel are drawn into the gravel tube, you may interrupt the cleaning process by temporarily closing the switch and letting the object drop back to the gravel bed. Then, reopen the switch and continue cleaning.
- When water in the gravel tube turns clear, turn the switch to the CLOSED position and move the gravel tube to a different area of the tank. Repeat steps 8 and 9 until you have removed the desired amount of water. Important: Extremely dirty tanks may require multiple cleanings. If your tank is extremely dirty, DO NOT clean it all at once. And DO NOT remove more than 1/3 of the existing water. If you need to repeat the cleaning procedure, wait at least a week before performing another water change.
To fill your aquarium:
- With the gravel tube removed from the aquarium, make sure the switch is turned to the CLOSED position.
- Return to the sink and adjust the water temperature flowing from the faucet pump to match that of your aquarium. We recommend using a small aquarium thermometer for complete accuracy.
- Push the bottom of the pump up gently and twist 1/4 turn to the right to the FILL position noted on the pump.
- Return to your tank, hold the gravel tube over the tank, and slowly turn the switch to the OPEN position. DO NOT LEAVE THE SWITCH IN THE "CLOSED" POSITION ANY LONGER THAN THE TIME IT TAKES YOU TO GET FROM YOUR SINK TO YOUR AQUARIUM.
- Refill your aquarium. Please note: During the refilling process, the water is being aerated, eliminating some of the chlorine. If you choose to add water conditioners, you may add them into the stream of water as you are refilling the tank.
- When the aquarium is filled, turn the switch to the CLOSED position and remove the gravel tube from your tank.